Business-Benefits.org showcases how accredited conformity assessment is used around the world by central government, local government and regulators to deliver positive benefit.
Conformity assessment has a range of strands, all of which contribute to giving people confidence and assurance in using and buying products and services. These strands include testing, inspection, certification and accreditation (collectively known as the Quality Infrastructure) and help businesses of all sizes and sectors to reduce costs, limit their environmental impact, improve quality, access new market opportunities, and differentiate themselves from competitors.
Business-Benefits.org showcases how standards and accredited conformity assessment help businesses of any size and sector reduce costs, increase productivity and access new markets.
They can help to:
- Build customer confidence that your products are safe and reliable
- Meet regulation requirements, at a lower cost
- Reduce costs across all aspects of your business
- Gain market access across the world
To illustrate the value of the Quality Infrastructure and the services its organizations provide, this site includes case studies, research papers, and supporting materials that confirm these benefits for the business community. The examples published on the site cite tangible financial data to evidence the cost savings achieved whether through resource efficiency or meeting regulation at lower cost, the value of accessing new markets , or savings achieved through recognition from organizations such as insurers, regulators or purchasers.
This site has been developed by organizations from across the conformity assessment community, notably:
- IAF – International Accreditation Forum – is the world association of Conformity Assessment Accreditation Bodies and other bodies interested in conformity assessment in the fields of management systems, products, services, personnel and other similar programs of conformity assessment. Its primary function is to develop a single worldwide program of conformity assessment which reduces risk for business and its customers by assuring them that accredited certificates may be relied upon. Accreditation assures users of the competence and impartiality of the body accredited.
- IIOC – Independent International Organization for Certification – is a trade association of international certification bodies who deliver certification to a range of management system schemes.
- IQNet – International Certification Network – is a trade association of certification bodies from around the world who deliver certification to a range of management system schemes.
- ILAC – International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation – is responsible for the development of laboratory and inspection body accreditation practices and procedures, the promotion of laboratory and inspection body accreditation as a trade facilitation tool, the assistance of developing accreditation systems and the recognition of competent test and inspection facilities around the globe.
- ISO – International Organization for Standardization – is an independent, non-governmental membership organization and the world’s largest developer of voluntary International Standards.